Monday, March 24, 2008

Time abuser

I get along best with agreeable people. The ones who are open to talking about anything under the sun. They pay attention to your every word and thought. They make genuine eye contact and never let go. They don't turn conversations into debates. They comment, but never argue. They make you feel adequate and worthwhile.

Obviously, I can't customize another's personal opinions, reactions, or interactions, but I feel like I do have a say. I can pick and choose who I engage in conversation with. I don't care to waste time speaking with someone who thinks they know everything about everything. Someone who is close minded to the world. Someone is afraid to open up and allow others to care about them. Someone who constantly refers to the past and assumes the future will bring similar bad experiences.

I had an amazing time with some new friends yesterday! They were what I consider real conversationalists. No personal agenda, just there to have a good time. Those type of people make life sweeter.

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward